I made jambalaya last night. I was supposed to make this salad, but it was just too late. I was tired. Here is the recipe anyway. It looks yummy!
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1 medium orange
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) of vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) of fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) of Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons(10 ml) olive or canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Wash lettuce and tear into bite-size pieces.
Over a small bowl, remove orange peel, and cut into segments reserving as much juice as possible.
Cut segments in half and set aside. Whisk broth, 2 tablespoons of orangejuice, and the mustard together in a salad bowl. Whisk in oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Add lettuce and orange segments.
Enjoy with the jambalaya–or whatever.
**Recipe directly from: Vegetarian Dinner in Minutes, by Linda Gassenheimer.